Computer Systems Engineer
The Computer Systems Engineer role is to handle our Server and Network administration for our clients and successfully give our clients the best possible experience. Do projects such as server migration, Office 365 migrations. Troubleshoot and problem solve our client’s issues. Act as an out sourced IT administrator. Properly document all issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to our clients
- Able to perform Server or Exchange migration
- Ability to work in any position and handle escalation of critical issues.
- Setup and maintain Firewalls, Routers and Wireless devices
- Network administration and consulting with Clients
- Work with RMM and PSA Systems (Continuum & AutoTask preferred)
- Setup Hosted VoIP phone systems (experience preferred)
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers that further enhance RKL’s positive reputation through exceptional customer service and meetings and presentations.
- Technical sales preparation for projects
- Documentation of procedures
- Professional Development
- Participate in ongoing training and attainment of various manufacturer and software certifications.
- Work to develop new products and services
To perform the job successfully, an individual should strive to demonstrate the following competencies:
- RKL ways – Learning, following and adding to RKL’s vision, mission statement and goals, learning the many RKLism’s that make RKL a great company so all of RKL speaks with one voice. Uphold organizational values.
- Business Ethics – Treat people with respect; Keep commitments; inspire the trust of others; Work with integrity and ethically; Uphold organizational values.
- Communications – Express thoughts clearly in written form; Articulate verbal thoughts understandably; Demonstrate active listening skills; Comprehend information heard; Use appropriate communication methods; Keep others informed.
- Consistency – Follow through as promised; Confirm people know each other’s expectations; arrive to and complete meetings on time; Meet with direct reports in-person or by phone regularly; Change decisions rarely.
- Cost Consciousness – Save money without lowering quality of service; Perform within approved budget; Conserve RKL’s and customer’s resources;
- Managing Multiple Priorities – Manage multiple commitments and/or projects; Plan and utilize time efficiently; Respond to changing customer needs; Resolve conflicts in schedule to deliver on schedule; Complete work in order of customer priorities.
- Problem Solving – Identify problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyze information skillfully; Develop alternative solutions; Resolve problems in early stages; Work well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork – Contribute to a positive team effort; Balance team and individual responsibilities; Listen attentively and openly to others’ views; Give and sincerely accept feedback; Help the team stay focused on key objectives;
- Knowledge Advancement & Learning – Attend required training sessions on a regular basis; Strive to learn new products and technologies on his/her own time; Identify and help/teach other technicians when needed; Accept and implement new technology concepts and methods according to company standards and approval processes; Question and Resolve inconsistencies in work according to company standard operating procedures; Achieve training as required under RKL’s training policy
Skills & Qualifications:
It is impossible to list all of the skills and qualifications that an individual will need to efficiently perform in this position, but we have listed general skills and qualifications that individuals should have or should be striving to achieve in order to be qualified for this position.
- High School Diploma and or Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Technology, related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- Technical Skills
- Proficiency in supporting Windows 7-10 Windows Server 2012 R2, Exchange 2013
- Hardware, Printers, Peripherals
- Desktop software such as Microsoft Office Suites
- Networks, internet connection issues
- Security software such as Anti-virus, Anti-SPAM, Anti-Spyware, and other security related technologies.
- Licenses & Registrations
- Valid driver’s license
- Proof of automobile insurance required
- Reliable and suitable transportation that can be used as required to perform job duties, Motorcycles are not acceptable.
- Experience in working as a Server Administrator.
- Values Qualifications (not required)
- 2 or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience as part of a Microsoft Partner organization
- Experience working for a managed services organization
RKL & Associates offers higher than average salaries and excellent benefits.
Email your resume with salary requirements. You must live in the local area or within a 30 minute commute to Winsted.